Mr. Dog's Chili Corn
- Large Bag:
- ½ cup Dehydrated Corn
- ½ cup Dehydrated Black Beans
- ¼ cup Dehydrated Green Pepper
- ¼ cup Dehydrated Ground Beef, Carnivore Option
- Sauce Bag:
- ¼ cup Dehydrated Tomato Powder (Dried tomato slices put in blender or grinder)
- ¼ cup Bean Bark
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper or less to taste
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
Place large bag items in bag big enough to hold them, and a smaller bag with the sauce bag ingredients in it. Vac seal them together for longer storage.
On the Trail:
Boil 2 cups water. Add large bag ingredients, hold sauce packet. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in sauce packet. Let stand until beans and corn are soft. If it is really cold out, you may need to reheat before you let it stand.
Additional Comments or Suggestions:
The addition of the dehydrated ground beef is for the carnivores like me!
Chef Glenn's Suggestion:
If you steam corn for ten minutes before dehydrating, it will rehydrate better on the trail. Thanks Mr. Dog!
Return to Your Recipes