Tassie's Penang Chicken
Submitted by Tassie from Tasmania, Australia
Serves 4 to 6:
- The meat off 1 BBQ chicken, chopped and diced into small pieces (I cut into 1 x 1cm pieces)
- ½ cup chutney or tomato relish
- ½ cup tomato sauce or ketchup
- ¼ cup Penang curry paste (or to taste, I like it hot)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- ½ lb frozen mixed vegetables or more, I also add capsicum (bell peppers) and onion
Mix the paste, tomato sauce, and relish over low heat.
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Bring to boil and simmer for 1 hour.
This dish dehydrates really well, 8-10 hrs in my dehydrator.
Divide and pack in desired serving sizes.
Tassie suggests serving this meal with rice. You could cook one cup rice, or more if desired, and dry either separately or mixed in with the dish. My preference would be to mix in the cooked rice with the dish and dry togehter. -Chef Glenn
On the Trail:
Combine food with an equal quantity of water to rehydrate, soak for a while, and then heat on stove.
Additional Comments or Suggestions:
This dish is a great belly warmer for those cold nights and it's easy to cook.
Return to Your Recipes