Tom Ka Gai Rice & Chicken (Thai Dish)
Submitted by RollingStone from Bozeman, MT
Serves: 1 - 2
- 1 Pkg - Taste of Thai Coconut Ginger Soup Base
- 1 Pkg - 7 Ounces Tyson Chicken
- 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Creme powder (if you cannot get locally, can find online at Amazon)
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice (Pre-cooked and dehydrated)
- Dried or Fresh Cilantro - Optional
Before leaving for your trip, package the Bouillon cube and coconut creme powder together. Pack rice, chicken and soup mix separately.
On the Trail:
In camp, rehydrate rice and set in cozy or insulated pot. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, turn off heat and mix in crushed bouillon and coconut creme powder. Add soup mix and return to heat. Bring to a boil again and cook for two minutes while stirring. In a bowl add rice, chicken and the amount of soup you wish to mix in. Add cilantro for a garnish and touch of flavor (optional).
View RollingStone's Chicken Carbonara Recipe
Return to Your Recipes